You see how family will do you?  

Posted by Roddykat in

Last weekend, I got a phone (here at work no less) from my brother's ex-wife saying that she and my nephew Brad was going to be here this weekend (long weekend, holiday, blah blah blah). That was cool, because I hadn't seen them in a while. The only thing is, I was going to be working this weekend and I told both of them that.Well, I just received a phone call from my wife telling me that my nephew and his mom(do I really still call her my sister-in-law?) are at my house. Why is this a problem? Because I'M NOT THERE!! I'm at work and they knew it! to make matters worse, they brought a cousin (not on my side) with them. My ex sister-in-law claims she had Brad call earlier. He didn't leave a message on the answering machine(if that was the case) and she doesn't either when she calls, unless she's looking to get in touch with my brother, then she left 5000 messages usually back to back(whole other story, not gonna talk on it)*.

So now i'm pissed, because not only did she just BS me, but she put in on her own son. Now granted, he has presumably called and done that before. He's 10, I can kind of expect that. He's also called and left messages, so there. Not only that, but when I talked to her, she starts talking about the weather and whatnot when I nicely mention the fact that she could have called. Normally, that alone would piss me off with most people, but I have a problem with being nice with the wrong people sometimes. As they say in the geek world, it's a feature, not a flaw (or something like that). Now, why are they over there when I'm not home? For my nephew, that's easy. He, like any kid, likes video games. That's his main reason for going(and the little snot had the nerve to ask to borrow a game for the night). Realistically, I'm just a side note. I know he loves me, but people, let's be real here. Kid sees a game, kid sees a family member. Where do you think that child is going to run? You delusional people can think the latter all you want because either you are fooling yourselves or that child has problems (Ahh, I can see the emails now). Now that child could possibly be well trained and will go to the family member first, but it's just that they know they have to get through this or these person(s) to get to the game. I'm no child P-sychiatrist, nor do I have kids, but I've been one and around a bunch more. That's how we learn.

Let me reign this back in because I think I've vented enough. So while this heffer go on about whatever, she tell me that she was going to go see my mom at her part time job after she leaves my house. Problem: She had just gotten over to the house a little after 8-ish, Burlington, where my mom works, closes at 9, and my nephew and his cousin had just started playing my Playstation while we were talking. Now, where are the holes there(and I swear I am having Deja Vu right now). Plus, she tells me that she'll be going over to my Aunt's house tomorrow(more on that in a minute). I dont think had any intentions of going to see my mom, let's say, because*..... Well anyway, from where she came from (her mom's house) to my house, she'd pretty much have to pass Burlington in a way to get there. Specifically, if she called to see if my mom was home and deduced that she must be at work when she doesn't answer (that's what she told me), you would probably head out over there knowing that a store closes. I'm just sayin', though.

Plus, how do you just show up at someone's house, when they tell you they won't be home. Sure, my wife was there and sometimes she's cordial. If you're saying you are going to someone's house to see them and they aren't home, WTF. Hell, she probably went there to see my wife. Ther aer no ties between them outside of me and my brother (That's not ego, just true). She and my nephew's mom are alright with each other, partly because of common ground**, but if she's not expecting anyone and someone shows up, she, not unlike myself, kinda gets put off and one way or another I will hear about it. In fact, I expect to hear about the fact that I said it was ok for my nephew to play the playstation since i'm not there. That's why I tried to head it off after I realized it after I said it. Like I said, they will talk, I will hear of it, but the realism will not come out. By that, I mean that my nephew's mom came by 1) unnanounced (AGAIN***), and 2) under false pretenses. Do I think she did it intentionally? Yes. Does she all of a sudden have a bone to pick with me? I don't think so, and she doesn't have the guts to tell if that's the case anyway (one would make the same case for me at this point). And she didn't really even know if we were home. If I'm home, my car is out in the yard and if it's late we may leave a light on if we aren't home. I wish my wife hadn't answered the door. It would have served them right,but she's not really like that. I could be and she might if it were my mom ('nother story), but I doubt it.

Anyway, the whole situation wasn't right and if there was a call, there should have been a message on my answering machine. And to top it all off, I called my mom(about 8:45) to tell here that Brad and his mom were here, at the house, and supposedly planning to go by her job. That's when she told me what time they closed (which I knew). I was tring to get her to call over there to kind of nudge them into going to see her. She was kinda busy trying to help clean up for the store closing so that wasn't going to happen. So by request, I called back to the house and mentioned the fact that my mom had some stuff my nephew's birthday that is coming up next week (He won't be here and they don't live in this state). So my nephew's mom says that they might stick around and wait for my mom (she stays in a fair walking distance and thankfully doesn't pop in) to get home and go see her. My mom might not get home until 10 or 10:30. She mentioned that my nephew and his cousin wanted to stay up late anyway (which almost surprises me that she allowed). So I had to put in that my wife might have things to do, which is not a lie sometimes, and i think she got the hint (Doubt it). She said that she would go kick around the Walmart down the street if it gets too late. (HUH?) So anyway, I don't know yet how that turned out. My wife is a nice person sometimes, so it may not matter, but it's a case by case basis. I had to do that whole last bit just in case the situation did put her off. It's not right to put someone in a situation like that. I would hate it, but would be cordial. It's nothing against them, but really. Wow, I guess I did have a little more vent in me!

If you have stayed around this long, you've got great patience or had absolutely had nothing else to do. I thank you anyway. Normally, I wouldn't go all crazy personal (especially since I'm at work) with the blog, but I had to get that out. My apologies. All this, and I find out that my family is getting together tomorrow at my aunt's house(from earlier) for February Birthday's. No one called me, but my nephew's mom knew at least since yesterdaywhen she went to one of my cousin's house. What's up with that?

Index
(* - Separation, divorce, in-laws. you do the math)
(** - it's not the first time by a long shot)

P.S.
I told you that I was going to hear about it and I did. Turns out my wife was called before they came by and she old them to come on by. Surprised, but still upset. And my nephew's mom told her what I said about the fact that she MIGHT have had something to do, but didn't tell her that I said that she might not . See what I get for trying to be nice? It was cleared up nice though.

This entry was posted on February 18, 2006 at Saturday, February 18, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 full and speaking on it

YAY! I am not the only one with crazy family...just nod and smile, it works for me. As soon as you open your mouth what you say is wrong, but if you nod and smile you are always good! :)

February 20, 2006 at 12:09 PM

Post a Comment