New Toy!  

Posted by Roddykat in ,

Hey guess what? I just got new camera about a week ago. Now before you start grumbling, no I will not saturate with pictures every day. In fact, there is no telling if I will post anything I take after this. Well, that is probably a lie, but I to try. Really, I just been taking random shots trying to feel it out. I've always loved photography, but never got serious about it... Well, there was that one time I tried to get into nude photography, but that never took off (yuck yuck).

The camera I got was the Canon A610. It's a pretty good camera so far. It's not real fast, but it takes good pictures which, of course, has some dependency on the user. I just wanted a point and shoot camera with a tinge of manual features that I can mess with. You know, something to whip out on short trips and such. I plan to get a "heavy duty" prosumer camera later, so I can really get into the mode. I also have an old 35mm camera for when I feel like going back to film. I love digital, but there is still something to be said for film photography. It's kind of like vinyl (records) versus CD's. They both have there place in my heart. Some things just sound good on records.

Anyway, if I do come across any good shots, I may put it up. Oh, it does video also, but personally, it still seems to me silly to have tht capability on a still camera. DOn't get me wrong, I can see the use for it, but it still seems silly. But hey, what do I know, I never cared for cameras in cell phones and PDA's or the mixture of all three.

Oh berfore I get to the couple of pictures I do want to share, I have to mention this. I was asked to read a work in progress for an acqauintence of mine a while back and I just started. I assume she wants my opinion on it, which she's going to get regardless. So far, I am liking the way it started. I wish I could say more about it, but i can't. It wouldn't be fair to her anyway. But I will say that I am looking forward to reading it more. I don't do much reading as I used to so it really takes something to get into a book or something of the like. Unless it's something erotic, then my interest is picqued if it starts well. What I reading now is not erotic literature that I know of, but it's starting out good. You know what I want? If some of you out there write whether for hobby, personal, or whatever, share. You may have something people need to read. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it even though I NO book publishing conections what so ever. I've wanted to start a site to share some works, but I don't know if that will ever fly. But if you wouldn't mind letting a complete stranger check out your goods (well if you've been with me this long, we aren't strangers), you can send it to my email address. Poetry, short story, haiku, naughty limerick, novel, erotic, or not. I don't care. Just no WAR AND PEACE type thickness. I can never promise to read it. Just thought i'd throw that out there, though.

Oh, I almost forgot. I have a couple of pictures to show you. This was involving showing the camera to my wife. Now, if these happen to disappear, you can guess why.

This is my wife before she found out I had the camera.


This is my wife after she found out I had the camera.


And on that note, i'm out!

This entry was posted on May 18, 2006 at Thursday, May 18, 2006 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 full and speaking on it

You have issues! You know I'm going to tell you its about daggone time you got a new camera! More pics please?

May 18, 2006 at 9:45 AM

The L : Ya, it was inevitable. Plus, two brids with one stone. 1) feeding my long withdrawn gadget habit and 2) slightly renewing a old habit. As for more pics, we'll see.

Tigerkiss: you know I didn't noticed it until you mentioned it. the picture's grass does look mighty green compared to the actual. it's not off though, but wow. And wait, thanks for the love. I don't know where you got those pictures from, but I was young and needed money...and it was cold. Never mind.

May 18, 2006 at 9:13 PM

That was CUTE!!!!!!!But um why was your WIFE mowing the lawn

May 22, 2006 at 8:08 AM

Free Agent: Because that's just her, basically. She was doing it when I came home. She like doing yard work. Go figure.

May 22, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Post a Comment