Because I don't put myself out here enough...*  

Posted by Roddykat in

I figure since I'm sitting here perusing the tubes, I just thought I'd do something that I've been threatening to do for a while now. I used to do a little writing in my day (read: High School and part of College), and I guess now i'm going to share a couple. Let it be known that I don't, or ever have, considered myself a good writer but I wasn't too bad so I've heard. After all, you are your own worse critic. This kind of started back when I asked for some written works a while back. Needless to say, I got no responses. Cool, 'cause I don't get get upset. But what I guess I should have done was made the first step....and here it is.... And I'm stalling.........

um, yeah.....


Alright, nuff BS, here's the first one.

Joyful Noise

If you die, I don't care.
When they bury you,
I ask where so I can salt the earth
with tears and painful memories of our turbulent past.
At last, I can find the closure
I have sought since we met.
Close the door on the nightmares
I got at night and in my heart.
Release the cares I suppressed for your ignorance.
No longer thrust, am I into melancholy
of giving a fuck and getting it too.


Okay, clearly the uplifting one of the group. Note the syrupy goodness dripping off of the words. I used to think I wrote better when I was upset. then again, that was the main time stuff came to me. go figure. Moving on... I'll let you guess the name of this one, and you don't even need Letterman to do so.

Silent

Ominous

Liberating

Terrifying

Unfeeling

Darkness

Eternal (in lonely hearts)



Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little something. What could it be?Oh I don't know, horrified, maybe?
Don't worry, i'm still here. Funny though, sometimes, I feel like part of that one for some reason. Alright, last one...

You see my heart and soul,
but not my face.
You feel my love and desire,
but not my touch.
Even so much yet so little is done
in a single moment.
The same as galaxies born and die,
give and take.
In a place and time that is here and gone.
Just like if you could see me for flesh
and still want me the same as dying with me,
collides our universes into a what now.
Would you still see me?
Is there a reclamation of universal boundaries?
Or as earth and water mix into near inseparable
not neither being the same or different just
by life for life remanently
conceived each time over until an essential return.


Don't worry, I don't know what it meant it either. It was done on 12/25/99, which could mean anything.Now before I go hide my head forever, I have a question. Would you be surprised if I told you that 2 out of those three poems were about one person? I'm not saying that they are, mind you.
Don't say I never gave you anything. And oh yeah, never speak of this again! I'm going to hide now.



*the views expressed in this post are the thoughts of the poster and owner of this blog(me). I can write anything I like as you might see in a post or two. These views were not necessarily thought out but put out anyway because it's like that sometimes. Don't like it, move on. Note that there is a CC in e-f-f-e-c-t for the works g-i-v-e-n and, as such, are govern by said CC. The fact that today is my Birthday has no bearing on what was posted. Any recreation of said works, with the exception for commercial means, is fine if permission is properly asked for. (Hi Daneita). Any use for commercial means will result in an "did you fucking read this?!!?" by the owner. Torohn, there is your F-bomb. If you've read this far, you are a better person than me. All rights reserved.

This entry was posted on August 19, 2006 at Saturday, August 19, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 full and speaking on it

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME! And don't say you never got a response. I did share, it took me a minute, and I haven't shared since, but I did share damn it! You been trying to get me to share for almost 10 years or something like that now and this might be the second time YOU have actually shared! Don't make me bring up ISCAA! lol

I like them, I used to write best when I was angry or disgusted too. I was very graphic and good with my words in the moment of fury. Go figure.

Can't believe I missed your b-day, hope you had a good one.

Oh and Cole, you stupid for that damn disclaimer!

This is all! Out ~ L

August 22, 2006 at 1:57 PM

You know what's funny? I vaguely remember what I wrote on ISCAA. "Why you wanna go and do that, love, huh"?
And since it took 10 years, as you say, I clearly didn't press you that hard. :) And I still want more, so there!

Thanks for the compliment and the B-day wish. It was cool. Though I think these were better than alot of the stuff I've done, I don't think theses were that great. I wish I knew where I put the bulk of the stuff I did (not much more, really). I know there is one particular piece that my best friend ALWAYS tells people about.

As far as writing while upset, good stuff can come out, not always focused stuff, but can be good. Apparently anger is the rawest emotion we have, who knew?

And yea, I gotta get hit you back for the ISCCA reminder. :)

August 22, 2006 at 8:45 PM

loved Joyful Noise

good stuff man
what were u friggin worried about?
i wanna see more en el futuro
comprendes?

were two of them really about the same person?
if so, who?

yes i's nosey

April 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Post a Comment