A hum dinger of a site  

Posted by Roddykat in ,

Quick, what's the name of song with that guy who did that thing with the thing....? Here wait, let me hum about 2 seconds of it.

Come on, you know who is it!



If this happens to you on the regular (Don't lie, it's not just me), then I have a site for you to send these people and get in some kicks in the process. Midomi.com is a music search site that identifies songs by humming them. If you have a microphone hooked up to your computer, you can go to this site and you can sing (or hum) a few bars of that ditty you've trying to find the name of. It then goes out and tries to find the name of the song that you are looking for. It is said to be fairly accurate according to the article that I've linked to below. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not too accurate with Rap songs. Now that I think about it, I haven't tried it. Oh, if it finds what you are looking for and you want to buy it, there will be a link to where you can do that.



And now for the beautiful part. The site also let's you record said rendition of songs and share in a Youtube / Myspace type fashion. So now you can bring that shower version of Mariah Carey to the masses. This is my favorite part because anyone can come to the site and listen to some good and some not so good versions of songs from Joanne and Joe Shmoe. HOTNESS! It's the stuff that American Idol was made from (God help us). I've actually heard some people with some pretty good voices on the joint. And I can always go on a Youtube style hunt for the next William Hung. That's where the kicks come in.



But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, check out the article below from Webware.com and then go to Midomi.com and check it out. I'm sure I'll hear a couple of you there shortly. :)



Midomi names the tune [with video] | Webware : Cool web apps for everyone

This entry was posted on February 8, 2007 at Thursday, February 08, 2007 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 full and speaking on it

see now that's just wrong why are they encouraging this type of behavior?

February 10, 2007 at 2:14 AM

You watch Idol, right? You know why.

February 10, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Post a Comment