Super Bowling  

Posted by Roddykat in ,

I'm going to be honest with. i'm not crazy about watching Football. In fact, I'm not so much a sports fan, either. I've watched Basketball. Boxing for sure, Track and Field, HELL YEA! Tennis, if Serena (or Venus should she ever) is on, but that's outside the point. hell, I don't even have cable so I couldn't catch too much if I wanted too. I'm going well away from the point now.And yes, I am, for what it's worth, an American AND a fully secure in his masculinity male child. BELIEVE IT! I say that because it always comes into question when I mention these facts. Meh!



The point is, while I suppose it is historic (for lack of a better word) that there are two teams with African American coaches playing, I'm not so much in caring. First of all, 32 teams, 5 African American coaches, 70 or 80 percent African American players, how ever many years of the NFL, and something still doesn't add up but you do the math. And on that note, how many African American owners are there? maybe I'll look into that, but I bet I don't have to go far. That's an issue that is as big as (if not bigger than) the coaches and THAT'S being glossed over for what it's worth. That's a whole other issue that i'm not yet qualified to argue, but I thought that I would mention it. As a matter of fact, that's not even the point of this post.



The points are that, (a)while I might tune into the game around the forth quarter, the winner has already been declared. I site this article as evidence:



Colts Win (Madden) Super Bowl news from 1UP.com

(UPDATE) Here's video of the match to support my claims.



See, now I don't have to watch the game. Which brings me to what I will really be tuning in for: the commercials. I love the commercials that come around Superbowl time. They supply me with half of my year's entertainment. Think about it, you know there will be some funny one's. You know there will be some summer movie lovin' going on! you know there is probably going to be the one tasteless one that everybody likes but will never ever be shown again. and you know that fool who is proposing to his girlfriend is finally going to get his shine. And I bet his girlfriend already knows about it. I call the dude a fool because you couldn't turn on the TV or read the web without running across a mention of it. Dude's been on Entertainment Tonight (a show I despise) with his back to the camera like no one who knows him well enough will EVER know it's him. Don't get me wrong, his idea was cool, but really. That should have been kept on the LOW low! And I hope for his sake that the girl says yes because you know it's going to come out. Alright, once again off topic (DRINK).



Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to the commercials during the game, I can think of better things to do than sit through the game to get to that part. Luckily, there is an answer for that. Last year, there was a website that posted all of the commercials as they aired. Come to think of it, there were a couple. Ifilm.com has a commercial channel that has old and new commercials on it (you will see this mentioned again one day). In that channel, there is a section for Superbowl commercials for the last year or two. I don't expect them to stop doing that anytime soon. My personal favs are the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker (AKA The Mighty Rasta, BKA Calvin from My wife and kids). Dude ran for Governor of California. I did not know that! Anyway, Check it out:



Ifilm.com - Superbowl Ad Showcase



The site I'm really I'm really talking about is this site I ran across on a blog last year about this time. As i said, this site posted the commercials as they aired in an RSS feed so that anyone could download them and watch at their leisure. If you know anything about RSS (most of you have your own blogs, so you might have an idea), this means that you can suscribe to the feed and as the commercials air, you can download or watch them when the feed updates. I loved that idea last year and they are doing it again. As a matter of fact, if you go to the page:



Watch 2007 SuperBowl Commercials - Super Bowl Ads Podcast :: Technology News and Opinions



You can subscribe to this year's feed (yes, there is also an iTunes link) or watch this or last year's commercials as a podcast right there. And it appears that there are already some commercials for this year popping up. So now, all I have to do is check for halftime, and i'm set! Love it!



Didn't see that one coming huh? Yea, I'm watching Prince at halftime. That's a given! What! Don't act like i'm the only one whose going to be checking out just the commercials!



Oh, I'm pretty sure Youtube will be doing this also... Call it a hunch.



YouTube - Supervote





Technorati Tags: ,

This entry was posted on February 3, 2007 at Saturday, February 03, 2007 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 full and speaking on it

thanks for all the info now I can look like I know something tomorrow! I joined a football pool with one of my promising prospects..[see my blog for more info on him.]just so I could feel like I was a part of the game. it gives me a reason to watch, at least at the end of every quarter. wish me luck that I win! thanks for the welcome..and yes I did try out the c-ring..OH MY its my new best friend, guaranteed orgasm everytime with or without a partner!!!

February 3, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Ok, I hope there was actually something there that will actually help. If you're going by the video, that's not a guarantee that it does. Good luck to you in both respects (*wink*).

And while I think I know the answer to this, how did you try the ring without a partner (feining ignorance)? I'm glad it took care of you though. :)

February 4, 2007 at 12:26 AM

I'm a fan of the commercials as well I have the following numbers in my football pool...I need the Bears to have scores that end in 6,1,9 and 0 and I need the Colts to have scores that end in 6, 7 , 7 (again) and 1 I think these are good numbers aren't they??
the winners get $250 each quarter..not bad...eh??
Now you must get a c-ring for your wife?? I think I read you're married??..she will love you I wish I had the courage to even introduce these toys in my 10 year marriage but we didn't even explore that which sparked my interest after our divorce anyways...without a partner? you just slide the vibrator part into your panties and pick the speed of your choice..did I mention it has 6 speeds??..I have had an orgasm with 2 of the speeds so far in less than 2 minutes time so its great for a girl in a hurry!...Heaven..pure HeAVEN! did that give you a visual enuf or do you need audio?? *wink*

February 4, 2007 at 2:11 PM

I'm not sure if those were good numbers or not, but they seem a bit unlikely. As for my wife, I can safely say that she not the toy type. In fact, her position is that if you need toys, then you don't need the person. Or something like that. Like I said, she's pretty vanilla.

As for the C-Ring, that's slightly different from what I pictured, but I see it now.

Wait, you have audio?? Don't tempt me. :)

February 5, 2007 at 1:06 AM

I love the KFed one! That is classic!

February 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM

DL: Yea, I have to admit that one was pretty nice.

February 7, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Post a Comment