What What, Jean?  

Posted by Roddykat in , ,

I gotta give props to one of the baddest MC's in the game at the the moment. Or at least for as long as she's still in the game, if the rumors are true. I'm thinking of blaming Busta, but that might not be right. Yes folks, I'm speaking on Jean Grae. Probably one of the few real MC's (female or otherwise) still out there right now. She's been repping strong since she was going by the name What? What? back in the day. I'm hoping the aforementioned rumors are not true(though this is making me believe it is) because pickings are slim right now and Jean stays fresh like zip loc bags and baking soda... I don't know what that means either so let's move on, shall we?

Anywhoo, a few months ago, I heard the song "Love Thirst"(produced by 9th Wonder) from Jean's hopefully soon to be forthcoming album, "Jeanius", during a little event you should have heard of called the Cupid Hunt(if you didn't, shame on me). Props go to the Big La, Todd Kelley (check his entry here) for that one because I might not had heard it if it wasn't for him. The song is a little different from what I'm used to hearing Jean spit, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It's in rotation constantly (despite what Last.fm says). Well, now there is a video for it that shows Jean...going through changes, if you will. I'm thinking sexy and Hip Hop, two words that don't exactly taste great together. Peep out the video below and get your head nod on.


Check Jean Greazy out on Myspace for her thoughts (I believe it really is her) and some of her videos. And to Jean, if you are seeing this: I understand if you gotta, I thank you for being you. Ans SOMEBODY'S got to have the actual video for Natural Resource's "Negro League Baseball"! I know I do, but have no way to get it on Youtube. SUX!


2 full and speaking on it

Anonymous  

Sup? The redesign is hot. Jean Grae is the wife I never had. Met her at a dj conference. She cool people.

May 23, 2008 at 10:38 AM

I'm feeling the new look.

May 24, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Post a Comment