Things to do before I bounce  

Posted by Roddykat in

(Again, not to be confused with Soulbounce)

Ok, now before you start trippin, I'm not planning on departing this mortal coil anytime soon. I'm sure some people are disappointed by that & I'd wonder who would care anymore. F U, beeches I'm here until I'm not. *ahem* No, this is a list of things that I really want to do before I actually do go out. I alluded to it a little while ago, so I figured i'd really do a list. There might sound like there is a theme, but there isn't one sorta. Anyway, let's get it going (in no particular).

1) I want to really learn photography. While I don't like having my picture taken, I LOVE people who can. There is something about capturing a moment in time that I love so much. Also, I also love the artfulness (is that even a word?) of capturing people frozen in time. Ok, I like nudes too. The human body can beautiful if tastefully shot.

2) I wanna meet some of you. There are some very nice & cool assed people out here on the Net. There are a couple of you that live close by & I could come holla at. I hope to do that at some point. A couple of you are a distance, but there was something in the area going on, I'd come for that & see you. Realistically, it shouldn't take an event to do that, but there is that. I'm not much on partying, though, but I'd love to come by & say "HI"!

3) Capital Jazz Fest - I have GOTS to go at least one year. It's held every year around the first of June in Washington, D.C.(can we call it dark country or Chocolate City now?). The reasons why I haven't been is either because of work, lack of money, or both. The last couple of years have had some stellar lineup of folks that I'd want to see. Now watch the one year I do go, it'll suck....Nah, I doubt it. I can't believe that I haven't talked about this before.

4) South by Southwest Media Conference (or SXSW for short).  Two weeks of music, film, Intereactice media, and supposed non stop parties. There is one week for music & one for film. The interactive media stuff (aka web related stuff) is interspersed, I think. You usually see a bunch of folk twittering about it come time. Again, not a big party person, but there is probably a band, some web stuff or some indie film that I'd care to check out. And there are a LOT of all of that, I'm told.

5) Go the fuck to Africa - Never been before. Plus there is the added bonus of the fact that my wife is from Zimbabwe. It sucks over there right now, but she hasn't been home since she's been here & that's been a double digit while.

6) Photo trips - I guess I should have grouped this with #1, but it deserves it's own spot. Yes, I just want to go somewhere photographic & shoot a bunch of days away. Don't know if it will ever happen, especially seeing that I need to take care of #1 before anything else.

7) NaNoWriMo - For the last three years, I've said that I've wanted to do this. Something, possibly including myself, is preventing me from doing it. Happens every November. As in, the time this is posting. Either I'm working when it start & can't devote the time, or I'm fooling myself somehow(or lazy). I know I have stories I could flip into a novel, especially lately. They might not be page turners,  but they would be done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(EDIT 11/20/08 4:40am)

8) Learn a language or two. In High School, I took French. Loved it. Apparently not enough to keep it up because it's all gone now. I blame all of those years of drugs & alcohol. That, and the fact that I'm joking...no, really. No recreational drugs have gone into this body. Alcohol...well, we are getting off the subject. I LOVE French and I plan to take it back up at some point. Another language i want to learn is Shona. It's one of the many languages spoken in Zimbabwe where my wife is from. I've gone so far as to secure some tapes & a book to learn. Yes, I said tapes as in cassette. They are in the process of being made digital. I'm gonna say that it's not easy to learn, but what I have picked from my wife and the tapes so far hasn't been too bad. Don't ask me to speak it, though. One other language is Japanese. Let's face it, all of the good gadgets come from Japan & China. So does japanese anime, which I have liked a good bit of in my day. Granted, you can find subtitled or dubbed stuff, but it's the principality of the thing. And I want to learn Japanese because...

9) I want to go to Japan. I should have just made a travel section & put all of the places I want to go there. Okay, learning Japanese has nothing to do with going to Japan, but hey, this is my list. Leave me alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's about it other than going on a gadget spree, the wife & I having a child(if it happens, it happens), mastering teleportation, bringing about world peace or whatnot. Some would say "well why don't you do that stuff. just do it." Well, most if not all of this stuff require time, energy, & most importantly, MONEY. Guess which one I'm in short supply of. And some things are out of ones control, you know?

There you go. I do hope I can do at least a few of these things before turning to dust. Hell, there's probably more that I could tack on to this list, but those are the definite ones. Maybe you have your own list. Blog about it & link back or do what most of you do anyway & post in the comments.

Wait, there is one more:

If there is anyone out there I care about that I have personally hurt (and you really & truly didn't deserve it), I hope that I can somehow make amends. No blood is to be shed though, nor family threatened. Let's keep it My Name is Earl style, shall we? Maybe that wasn't a good idea, either.

This entry was posted on November 6, 2008 at Thursday, November 06, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 full and speaking on it

This does not seem like a hard list...so what's the hold up? lol

Hit me up when you come to SXSW, and as long as I've been in Austin, I've never really experienced the Fesitval...I have gone to a few free shows...gotta love the free shows.

I will have to think about my list...

November 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM

@Keli: No hold up at all. Lol I am working all of it out. I would love to holla at you when I get over that way(psst, I don't think I have your email address). And hella yea for free shows!

I'll be looking for your list. :)

November 16, 2008 at 8:22 AM

Post a Comment