Geek Christmas comes again (want list starts now)  

Posted by Roddykat in , , ,

Happy New Year, all!


You all know what time it is. It's a new year which means CES is here. The Consumer Electronics Show that happens every year around this time(this year Jan. 8th-11th). This also means that it's time for Geek Christmas. And this year proposes not to suck like last year did, I'm happy to say. If fact, I have some picks of the show already, thanks to Engadget. The want list for this year is looking to be pretty good. Now if only the "can get" funds would work with me. Anyway, check these out & I'll be back later with more.

Asus EEE PC T91 Tablet


Ok, I've been looking into Netbooks(more on that later) for months now. The only other thing I've been looking into are Tablet PC's. Asus read my mind...Ok, it was a natural progression, but work with me. You basically have a laptop roughly the size of the Amazon Kindle. HELL YES! That's exactly what i've been looking for. I think I'm in love...depending on price, memory, & battery issues, that is. Still love.


LG GD910 wrist phone


Not much to say. Get your Dick Tracy on with this watch. Yea you'll look stupid talking to a watch, but compared to walking around with an earpiece talking to yourself like a fool(confession: I've done it. Don't act like I'm the only one). And it's not ugly, either.


Just about anything from BUG Labs

I've not talked about these folks before, I don't think. The BUG Labs folks make mini modular kits that you can mix & match to do what ever is offered. It's pretty cool. They now have a projector based on Texas Instruments' Pico technology. May have talked about having projectors in cellphones before, the same tech is here. I need to look into this stuff even more.

That's it for now. More later.

As always, i'm following these places:

CNET
Engadget
Gearlog/PC Mag
Gizmodo
(new this year) thegadget411 (Shout out to my girl, Lizmoney)
also (new this year) expecting a podcast from gdgt.com.

for coverage because I am not in Vegas, where this is held. I think that is on my list, though.

This entry was posted on January 8, 2009 at Thursday, January 08, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 full and speaking on it

I need to stay away from stuff like this...

I'm already a gadget hound who needs to spend more wisely.

January 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Anonymous  

great picks! love. them. all.
thanks for the shout out!

January 10, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Drooly drool drool

January 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Post a Comment