Tinysong is a big hit with me  

Posted by Roddykat in , ,

So I sometimes do these posts where I give up the song that's rattling in my brain at the moment. You may have heard of these songs of the moment, maybe not. In either case, I've been wanting to put a little something extra on these posts s an added takeaway. I though, HEY!, I'll put up the song. What a novel idea! Nobody's thought of that! Sarcasticism (yea?, what of it?) aside, I ended up finding ways to do that alright for the blog, but not for those oh so precious Twitter moments that I seem to be having more of (than actual blog posts).

And as if on cue, it came to me like a sign from the Web 2.0 Deities (or like a song I wrote. You don't know). Tinysong.com is the site. Let's say you're looking for "Sex God" by the Brand New Heavies...Ok, not your cup of tea. How about "Erotic City" by Prince....(*SIGH*) Fine, "3 is the magic number" from Schoolhouse Rock...Prude! Anyway, you have your song, you go to the site, Tinysong.com and put it in the box, and hit the little search icon next to it. If the song is there, it will list it underneath the box or give you what it thinks you meant. You can then click on the song and it will give you a web address AND will copy it to the clipboard for you. Handy, huh? You could also click on the name of the track under that and it will take you to Groovshark.com where it will start streaming. It goes there because that is where it's searching from. Hence the "Powered by Grooveshark" link near the bottom of the page. Grooveshark is another site for music discovery, streaming, and playlist making. I've had a 90% success rate given the search terms i've used, so far, so they seem to have a good range of music that I can tell. But hey, give it a try for yourself.

I've been going silly with Tinysong links on Twitter because I like it so much. Sometimes, they don't have the song I'm looking for and that sucks, but it's not that often. You'll be seeing more of this from me for a while. Until then, go try it.

This entry was posted on July 22, 2008 at Tuesday, July 22, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 full and speaking on it

I've always wondered where you got those tinysong links. This is why it's good having a techy friend :)


Just a random ??? what kind of cell phone do you have?

July 22, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Leave it to Roddy to find the hot new technology. I LOVE tinysong. Thanks for sharing!!

July 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM

That sounds like fun.

July 23, 2008 at 8:43 PM

so this is what u smacked me upside the head for
tech talk?
here's a a swift kick in the nuts

July 27, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Post a Comment