(Screams of) Passion  

Posted by Roddykat in

This post is probably not what you think it is about. Might have been a slight misdirection on my part, but you love me. This is not about sexual passion, you can go elsewhere for that. No, this is about the passion of doing something you love. This is how I came to think about this.

Recently, I was talking to a new friend of mine, Adrienne, whom I pretty much met through Patrice, asked me one simple question: "What is your passion?" So I proceeded to answer here with stuff that I love like Tech/gadgets, music, photography. You know, the stuff I usually talk about here (minus photography). She said, 'No, those are things you love. What are you PASSIONATE about?" I thought about it. Thought about everything I had just ran down and then some. I couldn't think of one thing that I felt passionate about and that's what I told her. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I kinda felt I kinda felt a little depressed. Didn't tell her that,but it might have caught in my voice. She then went on to tell me the stuff that she was passionate about (of which I pretty much knew about at this point) She also told me, "The next time I ask you that question, you have answer for me." I laughed and said, "Yes, Ma'am!" Well, thankfully she has asked me yet because it's been about 2 or 3 days since that conversation and I STILL don't have an answer. It bothers me too. Out of everything I love (and could be doing with my time off), I still can't think of one thing that I am passionate about. Fam, I'm not going to lie, that sucks and i'll say it again, it's depressing.

So what am going to do about it? Probably spend the next few days, weeks, months figuring out the answer (and hope that should she see this she don't trip). I love conversations like this and have been having a few lately with folks, but it doesn't make the outcome of them any better or worse for me. Slightly mopey about it, but I'm strong, so I'll be alright. Don't you worry. But until such a time as I come up with an answer I want to pose the same question to you all out there.

What is your passion? What are you passionate about? Not what you love, either. PASSION(ATE).

Talk to me! Oh, and Adrienne, Thanks for that spark. :) I think I needed it.

Quiet Passion

This entry was posted on September 1, 2008 at Monday, September 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 full and speaking on it

i love a lot of things. However my passion has been shifting gears.

September 1, 2008 at 7:55 AM

You'll find it....just takes a little time :-)

September 1, 2008 at 6:52 PM

There are two things I'm passionate about. Take that back...Three things: My Faith in God. Love. Sports.

September 2, 2008 at 8:35 AM

meh
damned if i know
if u find it, let a sistah know
shoot
now u got me depressed too

September 8, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Takes time! I am passionate about so much but I know that I enjoy finding out the legal side of this entire legal world of what is happening in multimedia = music/video content on the internet. It fascinates me to kn ow daily what is going on. That is why I may re-tweet a lot of copyright information on twitter.

This is TheJennTaFur from twitter by the way!

September 9, 2008 at 2:41 AM

i thought shopping was my passion, but upon further scrutiny, i found out it was an addiction.
so...i'm tapped too.

unless my therapist is just giving herself job security....

October 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Post a Comment