You fools, you'll kill us ALL!  

Posted by Roddykat in ,

Why am I saying this? Well because of this.

You see in, oh about a little less than an hour from this post scientists, in their never ending quests to kill us all, will rev up a machine that will... You know what? You read up on it.

Large Hadron Collider Homepage

CERN

Google News

I like how there is an article for best & worst case scenarios yet scientists basically say that there is no cause for alarm. Now I'm all for scientific explorations, but I've seen enough movies to know that it never turns out to benefit mankind. More like destroys it. Somebody needs to send  these jokers some movies. Better yet, let them colonize the moon or Mars. Let them play their reindeer games there. If it works out, send it home. If not, we don't have to worry about it...hopefully.

Anyway, should you see this in the afternoon and laugh at my lunacy, Cool, I'll except that. But if you don't see this, then I was right and you can all suck it.


And I love you all! Really!

(EDIT) It's 3:50am. The Collider has been initiated. So far, still here.

Here is a tour of the joint doing the commotion:

CERN Tour: Video that makes you smarter - Scobleizer.com

(EDIT 2)
It's 5:45am and we're still here! Whoo HoOO! The starting up was successful. Except I hear there may have been a "small problem" during the initial startup. AND I'm hearing that they will be firing up the damn thing a few more times in the coming weeks. The want to build up to crashing two particles Crash Test Dummy style into each other. Clearly they, don't know the words "Quit while you're ahead".

I would like to thank twitter for keeping me on pins & needles abreast of the goings on over in Geneva Switzerland(where this is taking place). We are not out of the woods yet, folks. Never fear, though, the website Mashable tells us "How to know when the Large Hadron Collider spells your doom"(Including a strip from a web comic I love, XKCD).

This entry was posted on September 10, 2008 at Wednesday, September 10, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 full and speaking on it

i'm trying so hard not to laugh at you. by all means this is subject of concern. It's just your commentary is hilarious. lol

you are such a geek ;)

September 10, 2008 at 4:57 PM

what she said
lol

September 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM

Post a Comment