The family that blogs together...  

Posted by Roddykat in , ,

Don't like each other after a while. I, of course, kid. So some time ago, I told you all that my wife wanted to get into the blogosphere. Well, consider this the "State of the blog" address.

Now, went and set her up a Gmail account and asked if she wasn't to blog here or get her own space.She, in her own wonderful way got brand new and told me that she didn't want to blog on my site and that she wanted her own space. :) She also said that she wanted to be around when I set up the blog to see what goes on. Fair enough. She got me excited when she said that, because it she sounded serious. Cool. At the time I didn't really have a minute to do anything because I was working, so I got her to start batting around some ideas. At first, she was trippin' in some of her suggestions and then I thought she was trippin' when suggested some plain jane stuff. That was my fault because it's her blog and her's to do as she wishes. Me, I was thinking of stuff that I don't do with my joint, so I can't be judgey, can I?

Anywhoo, the next time I was off, and she told me what she settled on. I offered suggestions of my own and we came to something. What didn't happen was that we didn't set the site up. What also didn't happen was that she didn't bring it back up unless I mentioned it(mistake #2). When I did bring it up, it was in conversation with about current events and whatnot. Ok, let not lie, it was her doing a 30 minute rant on whatever it was at the time. I really do wish I could hide a recorder in the Living Room and turn it on when she goes on. Epic! Now before I go any further, let it be said that I am not griping about my wife, just giving you a good picture of what you're missing out on.

Now, during the course of the rant, I mention that she should be blogging this (mistake #3). She tells me that this is not what she would blog about and proceeds to tell me what stuff that she would blog about. this kinda goes against part of what she told me at first, but ok. I then ask if she wants to start working on the blog, she says no. Cool. I let it go after a few time to make a long story short. And here we are. She could very well be still serious about it just not thinking about. Earlier, she told me about plans for a book. I'm keeping my mouth shut (a little). As soon as I try to help or suggest anything, it goes nowhere. I'll let it go until she asks me about something. The last thing I want to do is pressure her. And I'm off for the next 6 days, so who knows what's what.

It's kind of sad, because I think you'd all like her and what she says. I believe she's kind of scared for reasons of her own (Yea, I know them, but i'm leaving it at that). BTW, Lest you also think this is a critisicm of wifey, I cannot confirm or deny the fact that it is or isn't. :)

That said, it is what it is. I wanna give you all the email address and ask you to blow it up, but I don't think she's looked at that address since initially set it up.

The State of the Blog co-writing project? Let's just say that the word of the day is: Limbo

We now return you to whatever I come up with next.

This entry was posted on May 9, 2008 at Friday, May 09, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 full and speaking on it

do a vlog with the wifey
thatd be interesting

hey
she'll get around to bloggin when she feels like it

still waiting on them answers

May 9, 2008 at 12:58 PM

I'm not worried about her doing her thing anymore. She'll do that when and if she chooses.

Still on this vlog thing, huh? Lemme put it to you this way. It's Blue moon rare that she will let me take still pictures of her, there is no way in HELL she's going to vlog! :)

May 9, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Ooh man!! I was hoping she would be your co-blogger or start up her own!

Tell her we won't bite! ;o)

May 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Well, it could still happen, but holding my breath not, I am.

And she'd bite back if necessary, so wasn't worried about that. :)

May 9, 2008 at 7:06 PM

It can be scary putting all your thoughts online for any and everyone to see.

And that's very supportive of you...I would probably try to keep my s/o out of blog land...this is my vice. My escape, lol.

May 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM

it was a little intimidating just starting out...you wonder what people will think and how they will take to what you say.

but we'll get a look into her life as well as her getting a look into ours. i think that's the coolest thing about blogging

May 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM

@keli: Yea, that's true. Nut that's partially why we have pseudonyms though. I don't talk much about her, and what I do say, I'd tell her about.

@Tokeyo: True. it is intimidating starting out. She doesn't poke around blogs that much, but has on occasion. The main thing to remember is that you blog for you. If others happen to like it, Cool beans. Thanks for stopping by. :)

May 11, 2008 at 3:16 PM

tell the Mrs. we don't bite :) As much as I've been neglecting my blog family, I still prowl the 'net for new blogs and such. She can tell us the trials and tribs. of living in a household with Mr. Roddy :)

@ Roddy

lol you're so silly. YES that was a thumb...Hubby don't whip it out in front of cameras for fear I'll post it on the internet :)

I did have a good time as you can see...me drunkenly singing to damn near every song the DJ played...I had a pic of me about to fall over the balcony but it was "accidently" erased :)

May 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM

My husband was thinking of starting a blog. I told him thats was fine But i wouldnt link him on my blog or mention that hwas blogging. Lol I share enough of my life for the online world :)

June 1, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Post a Comment